Thursday, May 22, 2008

Living in the Moment

Today was the first official day of reporting on the 'day care blog' for my families. The day wasn't perfect, but it was very close.

Being aware, being in the moment, listening and appreciating what the kids are doing and saying,with the intent of reporting these little stories to my parents worked wonders for me. I listened to myself and my own reactions a lot closer too. I did a better job today. My head was in the right place - with the kids (instead of thinking of the many ongoing lists I have of things to do ).

The kids had a conversation at lunch today instead of some of the silliness that has been taking over the lunch table lately. We got to go to the park this morning and stayed outside this afternoon. Being outside is a day-saver in itself.

It was a good day all around. And I actually think that the kids felt the same way. We all appreciated each other just a little bit more today.

No comments: