Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Daycare Blog!

I am so excited ... I have started up a blog for my daycare families to check in on. Just little updates, stories, some of the funny things that happen or that kids say throughout the day. Also a way of reminding them of upcoming days off or holidays and other information.

The thing I am so excited about, is that it will keep me conscious of my day and in the moment. I so often get wrapped up in the things that must be done that I miss out on what is happening in our day. I need to find a way to focus on the positive and the spontaneous fun that kids can have.

By 'reporting in' to my parents, it will keep me at my best. I believe my best is slipping and I want to improve. I need to find ways to inspire me and excite me. It is truly a blessing to be surrounded by the innocense of youth every day. In the mad rush of getting through the days and all that must be done, I forget that.

When you work on your own, you don't have a boss that is watching what you do and ready to praise or critique you. It's up to me to find a way to up my game.

The responsibility I have with all of these little ones is tremendous. I need to find a way to be the best I can be, at what I am doing ...

No comments: