Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another Week's Recap

I'm thinking that I would like to wind up each week on my 'Daycare Blog' with a video montage of our week in review. It takes a lot of time at the end of the week to put this all together (even though I had been editing some clips along the way, the final product takes a little more tweaking so you aren't watching 'too much' of a good thing), but I like what this little recap does for me.

Of course one edits out anything negative and all you focus on is the good stuff. And at the end of the day ... isn't that the way one should live??

As I find myself surrounded by 1 - 5 year olds for 65 - 70% of the waking hours of my week, I think it is good for me if I can focus on the good stuff.

One starts thinking and feeling the emotions of a child when you are around them all day. Feeling the emotions on the one being picked on or teased, I have had some very child-like reactions to some of these scenarios. I am too emotionally involved at times.

This daycare blog is being enjoyed by my daycare families ... but I think I am doing it for myself as much as anything. It's kind of like a gratitude journal. At the end of the day, think of all the good things that happened and focus on them.

Being a daycare provider without adult company at the end of the day can prove to be a challenge at times. Focusing on the good parts of the day has put an entirely different spin on what I do all day. And there is something about video that captures the essence of childhood. The small nuances (the quietness the kids display when the camera is on is enjoyable unto itself!) and the innocense comes through.

Literally creating a positive vision of the week, as the week winds up is good for me. And I think my daycare families are enjoying it as well.

No comments: