Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Day Back

It was a rather enjoyable day.

The kids all seemed so happy to see each other after the long weekend. I had a houseful today and sometimes that makes it easier. Everyone always has someone to play with. And if they aren't getting along with one person, they can go and play with someone else.

There is nothing worse than those long days where it seems the kids just pick on each other or wander around acting bored. Today was nothing like that. It was a treat.

It was a cool, windy and cloudy day outside. So we ended up staying in for the day. I had everything set to go outside after quiet time, but the wind plus the age groups and varying schedules I had, just didn't seem to make it worth the effort.

I stumbled upon some daycare advertisements on the internet today and surveyed the rates (where they had them posted). I averaged out the rates and found mine fall right about in the middle of all of them. One thing that I did discover is that some daycare providers have a higher rate for those that attend less than 81 hours a month. I definately think that I will incorporate that into my 'fall rate schedule'.

I sat down and wrote down all of the changes that I know about, coming up this fall. I have 2 heading off to preschool; 3 more off to Kindergarten (one will be going to Kindergarten full days, 5 days a week); I believe my 11 (almost 12) year old will be on his own by next fall; one mom will be on maternity leave in December; and I possibly have 3 new ones coming before &/or after school. Lots of changes in the air. But I've learned that one can never plan or expect anything. Things change like the wind in the daycare world.

I'm looking forward and trying to discover what lies ahead. Maybe I can't know exactly what will happen, but I can be prepared. No matter how topsy turvy things may appear sometimes, they always manage to work out for the best.

I hope tomorrow goes as well as today did. I think we all enjoyed our break!

No comments: