Thursday, January 8, 2009

Renewed Energy

I have just returned to my day care world after the most ideal Christmas vacation that I ever remember having. I had 2 days to spend with my family, a 5 day getaway from each and every responsibility that I have in my world and I returned from that and had 4 days to readjust to my regular life before my daycare family needed me again.

I have had moments of feeling serenity within myself, in my daycare world ... but not many. I am on day #4 of 'kids'. And it's going well!! I'm calmer and more grounded than I remember feeling for such a long time, that I may even say that I have never felt so good.

When you work around other people's kids 70% of your waking hours and your own for 90 - 100% of the hours left over ... a vacation from every aspect of your life can work miracles.

I highly recommend 'adult-only' time in whatever capacity you can manage it, for every day care provider out there. As much as any one person can love children, you really need to restock your own personal reserves every once in a while!

No comments: