Thursday, June 19, 2008

Every Day Tells a Story ...

Since I've started my daycare blog and the videos and photos that I attach to it, I am amazed at how many different angles there are to portray our days here.

The kids are an endless source of ideas and inspiration. Every day is an adventure. I'll turn on the camera and hope to capture a few candid shots ... and the next thing I'll see is a theme developing and a story that I can pass along to the parents.

For the most part, it is upbeat and fun. There were a few things caught on tape that weren't something that I wanted to focus on (a certain behavior that I had been struggling with showed up on several videos). My question was: Do I splice this together to let the behavior tell its own story? or: Do I delete it and forget about it? I did neither. The footage is still there (saved in some file somewhere), but I haven't highlighted or showcased it. That isn't the idea behind the blog and the video. It is to focus on the positives. And as I tell myself, the negative behavior shouldn't be getting the attention. Focus only the behavior I want to encourage.

So, I have put together several different themes and I thoroughly enjoy playing around with my 'day' after it is done. I love to look at my days as a 'story to tell'. To focus on the good stuff. And when you are surrounded by kids all day, it's important to find a way to focus on the positives.

No comments: