Thursday, November 13, 2008

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

I normally have a lot of compassion and patience for people, when things are beyond their control. These past 3 or more weeks, that hasn't been the case.

I feel like I'm on week #4 of not knowing what to expect in my daycare days. The first few weeks were frustrating. Then I wrote out my concerns in a newsletter and felt like I regained some equilibrium. But nothing has changed. Not a thing.

The unfortunate thing, is that 2 of my families (with young children) are in a very unpredictable spot in their own lives right now. They can't tell me what they don't know. So it feels like every day is a surprise.

I don't enjoy surprises. Not when I have the comings and goings of the number of children that I have. We are confined to the house due to weather, too many young ones and the fact that parents simply don't bring the appropriate clothing for the weather.

I honestly don't know what to do. There are no answers. I want to walk away from it all right now. I have let 2 family's uncertain schedules throw me for a loop. The patience that I require, to tend a house full of children is being exhausted by using it on these parents.

The parents have no control over their situation right now. I feel so frustrated and it is coming out as anger. I'm in need of 'daycare provider debriefing' right now! I think I know just who to call ...

No comments: