Friday, March 13, 2009

The Winds of Change

All 3 of my families that were slated to go on maternity leave between December and April, are now all officially 'on leave'.

I have agreed to take on a revolving door of kids between now and May 1st (when a new full-time family of 2 will start).

I tentatively have one different family slotted in for each day of the week (one will come on Mondays and Fridays). This is a lot of change. This goes against everything that I know works for me. But it's temporary.

I am so excited to have a full time family starting soon! Full-time child care works best for everyone, I believe.

The hours are the same, day after day, week after week, month after month. The kids, the parents and I all get in a routine that simply makes life run so much smoother.

When kids come to day care all day, every day they become like 'family'. They learn quickly how things run here. They see familiar faces every day and the routine of our days are very similar so they soon know what to expect from the day.

The part time schedules make everything harder. From drop offs and pick ups ... to the routines ... to learning the rules ... and toilet training.

I could go on a rant about toilet training as I am presently dealing with 2 young ones in training, that come here once a week or less. 'Nightmare' comes immediately to mind.

Consistency is key to most everything. I like to know what to expect in my day and I think that most of us work best when we know what's what in our world.

I don't do well with the 'winds of change' but since this is temporary, I will tackle it and hope for the best.

No comments: