Friday, October 10, 2008

Quiet Days

It is great for the kids, when the house is abuzz with kids and activity. On a day to day basis, 'busy' in the daycare world is a good thing.

But today, all of the stars were in the right place and I had exactly the right ages and number of kids to take them on an 'adventure'.

The most excitement that I can round up for the kids, on a day when I have more than 4, is a walking trip to the library ... lunch at a close by McDonald's ... and time to play at the park before we walk back home. With all the time it takes to walk, it is a 3 hour round trip. You must have the right ages of kids (there is only room for 2 in the wagon, so the majority must walk), the right weather and the right schedule (on a typical day, I have so much coming and going that leaving the house/yard is next to impossible).

So today ... my heart was racing with excitement as we had a very untypical day planned.

I had only 4 kids, the right amount in need of car seats, the right ages and we were able to go on an adventure to an indoor playground. The kids could play to their hearts content, climb, run, use their 'outside voices'. They could 'spend' their energy, for as long as they wished. From the playground, we picked up McDonald's to take home for lunch. This way they can take home their toy from the Happy Meal and have a keepsake of the day.

It is a rare treat when we can do this, which makes it all the more special. Even I was excited about the day we had in store today!

I love what a quiet day can bring!

No comments: